It’s getting close to that time of year again, allergy season! This is your personal reminder to get ahead of your seasonal allergies this year…and we’ll even tell you how to do it.
Here in the South allergies are especially bad. Pollen counts regularly reach the tens of thousands, and millions of people drive around in yellow-tinged cars, teary eyed and sniffling. Allergies have become a crippling epidemic all over the country.
Is it nature or is it us? There are theories on both sides of the coin. Either way we’re about to reveal some highly effective, non-toxic, drug-free solutions to kick these pesky allergies to the curb.
Now, you might be thinking any of the following,
“I need the “strong stuff.”
“I’ve tried something natural before—maybe from the healthfood store—and it didn’t work.”
“I’ve had allergies my whole life and your doctor says I NEED prescription meds to control it.”
I get it, allergies are tough and pretty much just plain suck. They suck your energy, they suck away time spent doing fun Spring stuff, they suck your wallet dry paying for expensive prescriptions.
It doesn’t have to be that way; there are natural solutions that can WORK to reduce or even eliminate seasonal allergies. The key is finding the right combination of holistic therapies for your unique symptoms. A qualified holistic health practitioner can help you do just that.
Without further ado, here are the natural solutions to get ahead of your seasonal allergies:
• Cleanse your liver—the liver is your body’s main toxin filter. If it’s congested (and it usually is this time of year), it can’t properly filter and neutralize pollens and other offenders. Check out or previous post 10 quick and painless ways to cleanse your liver, for some helpful tips.
• Nourish your adrenals—not many people know about the adrenal/allergy connection. Here it is in plain English, healthy adrenals produce healthy levels of anti-inflammatory cortisol. When adrenals are taxed from too much stress, illness, too much sugar, or too little sleep they cannot produce adequate cortisol to combat inflammatory triggers…like allergens! Have you ever noticed when you’re really run down you’re more susceptible to allergies…or illness in general? That’s the adrenal/allergy connection.
Some simple ways to nourish your adrenals are, learn to relax, get more drug-free sleep, consider supplementing with a high quality B-Complex, and cut back on sugar and caffeine.
• Try NAET (Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique)—this non-invasive, holistic technique can permanently eliminate all types of allergies. It’s been featured in mainstream media, and has been around for over 30 years. It may sound too good to be true, but my practitioner clients and their patients swear by it…this stuff WORKS people!
NAET uses a combination of energetic testing, spinal manipulation, acupressure and/or acupuncture to re-program the brain’s negative response towards allergens. The results are nothing short of miraculous!
If you’d like to learn more and find a qualified NAET practitioner, start by visiting: http://www.naet.com.
• Think homeopathy for prevention and symptom management—Homeopathy is based on the principle of “like cures like”.
For prevention, doctors recommend patients start taking Aller-Chord II at least 1 month before allergy season. The homeopathic ingredients start building the body’s immunity to allergens now to prevent a reaction later.
For managing symptoms, many people turn to phenolic therapy. Phenolics are basically the “chemical essences” of specific allergens. When prepared homeopathically, they elicit a healing response instead of an allergic reaction.
My company, Energetix, carries Isopathic Phenolic Rings, which come highly recommended by both practitioners and their patients.
• Invest in a high quality air purifier—I don’t favor a particular brand, but you want to look for one with a combo of both hepa-level filtration and ion filtration. The hepa filter does the general sweep, and the ions catch the smaller particles. For a heavy-duty kid’s filter check out: http://greennest.com/index.php?cPath=100.
• Build your immunity now—even if you’re not susceptible to seasonal allergies, just breathing in all that pollen takes a toll on the immune system. Start building your defenses now by drinking plenty of water, eating cultured foods, meditating to reduce stress, cutting back on sugar, and supplementing with Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and herbs like olive leaf extract, Echinacea, and Holy Basil (this particular herb, taken as a tea or tincture, can also help greatly reduce an allergy attack. Check out www.organicindia.com for a variety of holy basil teas).
• Learn how to use a neti pot safely and effectively—neti pots have received a lot of good and bad press lately. The key to using them safely is to use only bottled, distilled water, natural salt, and clean/sanitize them after each use.
A neti pot acts as a nose hose, flushing out pollens from the nasal passages. It can be used safely throughout the day, and is especially to open up nasal passages at night.
Enjoy the spring this year…get ahead of your allergies!
…just for the health of it